Do you suffer from acne but don’t want to use harsh chemicals on your skin? Try some of these natural home remedies and soon you’ll have clearer skin without spending tons of money!
Will try some of these!
so i have at least half of these in my house right now. and im going to go get some. this is crazy. WHY IS THIS NOT COMMON KNOWLEDGE? i knew about toothpaste, but i didnt know you could use baking soda like that. and vinegar? who knew?
THERE IS A GOD
I need some aloe Vera now
For all of u with acne
A few of these are alarming because they can do more damage to this skin than help. I’m just going to list problematic ones, if it isn’t here then it’s probably safe to do/use on your skin.
1. Baking soda - Yes it can be good as a spot treatment on a pimple because it dries the skin out but it can also be harmful because it dries the skin out. When skin is too dried out by a cleanser it causes irritation and can make the skin produce even more oils that can cause ever more acne.
2. Lemon Juice - Once again this is drying and acidic. It can cause burns on very sensitive skin. If you want to use lemon juice please dilute it down and rinse it off after a minute or two but really there are other alternatives. Witch hazel is very good for the skin and is not harsh.
3. Tea tree oil - This is actually very good for the skin but the way they say to use it is problematic. This is better to mix in your normal cleanser or moisturizer. Tea tree oil should always be diluted, never apply it directly to the skin. It is an essential oil and you should always dilute essential oils because they are too harsh to apply directly to skin.
4. Honey - Regular store bought honey is more sugar than anything. If you are going to use honey for acne it must be raw honey which looks very different from honey we see on our store shelves. Also never apply it directly to skin, this will clog your pores. Again mix it, this is good to go in a face mask. Using some ground oatmeal, water and honey is usually a good one.
5. Garlic - Don’t know how good this is to use on acne but I do know you should never put this where there is an open wound. It slows healing and will promote scarring. So if there is a popped pimple on your face it’s better to keep the garlic away from it.
6. Peppermint oil - Once again dilute it, it’s an essential oil.